Industry: Operations Manager
Job Number: 48941
HireLevel is looking for a Logistics Specialist in Greenwood, IN!
Do you want to be part of a team that views you as their greatest asset? A family-owned and operated company since 1945, they are dedicated to hiring and developing the best people in the industry. If you have a customer-centric focus and drive to go above and beyond for the customer in every interaction, they are looking for you.
Job Category: Full-time, Direct Hire
Location: Greenwood, IN
Shift: 1st shift; Monday through Friday 8a-5p (Other hours may be required with business needs)
What is unique about the client: Worldwide company that is family owned, willing to help you grow and gain experience
Company Culture: Excellent health care benefits and 401K; Great work-life balance
Similar Positions: logistics coordinator
Compensation of Logistics Specialist: Negotiable
Responsibilities of Logistics Specialist:
- Research and analyze freight costs and classifications to minimize delivery costs;
- Monitor and assure vendor compliance with guidelines regarding transportation and carriers;
- Negotiate with and obtain best possible costs with major carriers of inbound and outbound freight;
- Work with shipping vendor to develop rules for distribution;
- Analyze regular material movements to determine best routing plans, terms of shipment, and to resolve any transportation issues;
- Perform thorough analysis of backlog data from WMS, monitor Distribution Center workload at key process points (receiving, put-away, picking and shipping);
- Keep the management team updated on Distribution Center performance while making recommendations for improvement;
- Determine if export/import documentation can be simplified.
Requirements of Logistics Specialist:
- Bachelor s degree preferred; high school diploma required
- 3+ years related warehousing and logistics experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to become proficient in Company software
- Effective communication and negotiation skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical ability
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Pick up and return your completed referral coupon to your local branch.
We are an equal opportunity employer.