Industry: General Labor
Job Number: 47442
HireLevel is seeking 20+ Material Handler located in Princeton, IN. This opportunity provides FREE medical and dental insurance once hired on to their team!
Our client is a major automotive manufacturer with opportunities for advancement and career growth. If you are looking to grow and have exceptional work ethic, they are ready to hire you!
Job Category: Temp to Hire after 30-60 days
Benefits for the Material Handler after 60 days:
- FREE dental and medical insurance once hired on
- Company paid life insurance
- 401k retirement
- Reimbursement for clothes, shoes, safety equipment and tuition
- Team activities, such as, picnics and parties
- Local discounts to gym facilities, apartments and more!
Shift: Full Time- 1st (6: 40a-3: 10p), 2nd (2: 40p-11: 10p), 3rd (10: 40a-7: 10a), and overtime as needed
Similar Positions: Warehouse, Logistics, Manufacturing, Shipping & Receiving
Compensation and Benefits of the Material Handler:
- Starting salary for this position is $11.40 per hour with pay increases after hired on
- Pay increases every 3, 6, 9 and 12 months after hired on
Additional Responsibilities of the Material Handler:
- Must be able to work established procedures and possess knowledge and performance of Standardized Work.
- Coordinates with Production Team to ensure that all items needed for shipment are prepared and ready to go.
- Executes operational procedures for verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of merchandise, and keeping of warehouse inventory.
- Expediting high priority requisitions
- Packaging, shipping and coordinating with customers for shipment
- Examines items to be moved, determine approximate weights, configurations and characteristics to determine the type and method of material handling/delivery required in a safe and efficient manner
- Investigates customers' complaints involving such matters as damaged items, overcharges, and delay in shipment, and makes necessary adjustments according to established procedures
- Ensuring compliance with import and export regulations
- Access various databases and input data with a high level of accuracy
- Responsible for updating and improving efficiency of the materials organization
- Complies with safety and corporate guidelines on business ethics
- Ensures 5S within the Department
- Communicates all issues within the department to their Team Leader
- Strictly enforces company policies and procedures.
Job Requirements of the Material Handler:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Logistics Experience is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of processes, procedures, and Standardized Work.
- Ability to work within a Team Environment
- Ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels of the organization and external contacts
- Solid decision-making skills
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, and stoop frequently
- Must be able to lift and move up to 30 lbs frequently and up to 50 lbs occasionally
- May be required to do overhead work occasionally
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Pick up and return your completed referral coupon to your local branch.
We are an equal opportunity employer.