HireLevel is seeking an Operator for our client located in Elk Grove Village, IL
This is an entry level certified class with limited knowledge of line required positions based on specific Job descriptions. This class is distinguished from operator level II by the performance of the more routine tasks and duties assigned and/or limited skill to run all positions with in a department.
Job Category: Operator
Hours: 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift (5 am, 1 pm and 9 pm)
Pay Rate: $14.00, $14.60 and $14.75
Similar Positions: Operator, Warehouse Worker, General Labor
Responsibilities for the Operator:
- Six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Appropriate English language ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, bills of lading, quality documents and other related shipping documents. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and ability to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer skills to perform data entry read reports, print labels, and utilization of the RF Scanners.
Requirements for the Operator:
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, talk, hear, taste, or smell.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- The employee must frequently bend, twist, and reach. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to extreme heat. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Certain packing rooms may be cold due to the product needing being air conditioning.
- High School Diploma/GED and/or equivalent related experience.
- Ability to operate cleaning equipment such as floor scrubbers.
- Must be able to pass clients drug testing and background requirements.
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Submit your referrals at www.hirelevel.com/referral.