HireLevel is looking for a CNC Machinist in Chesterfield, MO!
Out client is the Total Solutions Partner to the printing industry with a mission to be the supplier of choice with high quality innovative solutions that drive customer profitability. They are the largest consumable distribution and now the most robust service infrastructure to better support printers and converters around the world.
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: St. Louis, MO
Shift: Monday - Friday | 2:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Similar Positions: Machine Operator, CNC Programmer, Lathe Operator
Compensation: $18-21/hr Based on Experience
Responsibilities of CNC Machinist:
- Perform duties required to set up, operate CNC lathes and milling machines or other CNC equipment and inspect parts.
- Perform set up on CNC lathes and mill such as: collect required tools, set stops or chucks, "zero out" part and tools, install tools into turret or magazine, and load programs.
- Using blueprints, program information, hand tools, etc.
- Maintain file of program information and set up sheets, update revisions as required.
- Operate CNC lathes and mill, load material into chucks, fixtures, or vises, machine material, such as: c'drill, drill, ream, tap, bore, mill, etc.
- Inspect bored and reamed holes while running, make tool adjustments, unload parts and deburr.
- Edit program information as required.
- Load additional pallets while parts on first pallet are being machined.
- Inspect parts with hole and depth micrometers, plug and thread gauges, calipers, surface plate, height gauges, etc.
- Check and maintain oil levels, add coolant as needed, empty coolant drain pan, clean coolant filters, check chip conveyor operation, maintain area in a clean and orderly fashion, etc.
Requirements of CNC Machinist:
- 0 - 2 years CNC lathe or milling experience or equivalent skills
- Mazak Mazatrol programming experience is preferred
- Basic Machine shop knowledge
- Capable of performing proven setups and first part run with minimal assistance.
- Familiar with MA general inspection procedures as stated in QWI310-015.
- Proficiency in computer skills including use of the Internet.
- Capable of making minimal edits and revision changes to existing programs but not yet proficient at all skills required and may require occasional assistance from team
- Maintain a safe and organized work environment. Fulfill daily 5 S and required PM duties. Complete these on consistent basis.
- Must maintain quality parts and low scrap rate which is subject to review by team leaders based on quality issues within cell and/or per IRAD reports.
- Meet client's background check and drug screen requirements
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Submit your referrals at www.hirelevel.com/referral.
We are an equal opportunity employer.