HireLevel is looking for CAD Designer with our client in Port Arthur, TX.
This position is an entry level CAD drafting position in a busy construction office environment.
Job Category: Full-Time, Long-term Contract
Location: Port Arthur, TX
Compensation: $23+ an hour, based on experience
Similar Positions: Drafter, Drafting Technician
Responsibilities of CAD Designer:
- Prepare drawings of piece, parts, and assemblies involving selection of scales, dimensioning, detailed views, sectional views orthographic projects from sketches, layouts or verbal instructions.
- Prepare layouts of piece parts, developments or simple assemblies.
- Utilize CAD system to prepare drawings and layouts as related to job.
- Assist in CAD database maintenance through archiving of finished projects.
- Write macro language programs to improve CAD productivity by reducing or eliminating interactive commands to create repetitious geometry or drawings.
- Prepare bills of material and prelists using computerized bill of material system.
- Prepare order edit data for manuals.
- Check work of others that is similar in type and complexity to that which is personally performed.
- Train less experienced drafters in areas of technical and practice knowledge.
- Maintain established schedules by directing work of others.
- Demonstrate knowledge of drafting room procedures such as retrieving and applying information from drafting manual, purchasing and manufacturing specifications for preparation, release and revision of drawings.
- Demonstrate knowledge and use of codes or standards for design applications and conformance as related to job.
- Demonstrate knowledge of manufacturing processes such as tooling limitations as defined by drafting manual.
- Review project specifications and requirements to assure conformance of design and fabrication of product.
- Exercise leadership of drafters.
Requirements of CAD Designer:
- Associates Degree or equivalent.
- 4 years minimum experience.
- Basic understanding of internal business practices.
- AutoCAD -Almost exclusively 3D.
- Company is moving from SolidWorks to PTC - CREO and this position will need to have CREO experience.
- Must be able to meet client’s background check and drug testing requirements
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Submit your referrals at www.hirelevel.com/referral.
We are an equal opportunity employer.