Industry: Equipment Operator
Job Number: 46518
HireLevel powered by Extra Help is looking for a Machinist III located in Maplewood, MO!
If you are passionate about delivering excellence, and think you are a great fit with our organization, we'd love to hear from you. Our team is committed to providing our customers with the innovative products and service support they need to succeed in today's dynamic market. This position is responsible for performing duties required to ensure successful completion of the shift s work schedule in terms of quality, quantity and productivity. Make or oversee the making of setups and programs required to perform scheduled machine operation making sure established procedures are followed. Work from daily production schedule, dispatch plan, shop orders and verbal instructions. Assist in applicant interviews, training, making work assignments and general department administration.
Job Category: Full-Time
Shifts: all shifts available
Location: Maplewood, MO
Similar Positions: Electromechanical Assembler, Electrical Technician, Assembler, Machine Operator, CNC, Production Operator,
Additional Responsibilities of Machinist III:
- Obtain and review work order and part print to determine machine setup, production methods and sequence of operation as well as materials and tools required.
- Load program into computer; write new programs or make necessary adjustments to existing programs based on calculations from work order or blueprint.
- Select, position, and secure dies, tooling, and fixtures onto machine using ruler, square, shims, templates, hand tools, and built-in-gauges.
- Position and clamp stops, guides, tracks, fixtures and turntables.
- Load part into machine fixture and secure with clamps for machining.
- Adjust controls to set and regulate machining factors, such as RPMs, wire speed, pressure, side rails, progression, depth of ram stroke, adjustment rolls, chuck, jaws, machine feeds and speeds, gearing and pins according to type of material used and written guidelines.
- Prove out setups and produce a pilot work piece and verify conformance of machined work piece to specifications using measuring instruments, such as appropriate gauges, test fixtures, calipers and micrometers; make necessary adjustments.
- Operate machinery and inspect parts to insure parts being produced retain tolerance, squareness, concentricity, parallelism and finish; move materials as necessary in the performance of duties.
- Troubleshoot production problems to include adjusting and replacing dull or damaged tooling and fixtures.
- Assist and train other machine operators with set-ups, troubleshooting, and inspection of parts to insure that operators produce quality parts.
- Perform preventive maintenance to maintain and lubricate machine tools and equipment.
- Complete paperwork regarding production time, inventory, and location of parts and enter into database system using personal computer.
- Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to proper supervision.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition; follow prescribed safety rules and regulations.
- Transports waste from process container to waste container.
Job Requirements of Machinist III:
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- 5 yrs experience is preferred
- Ability to use and read precision measuring instruments
- Demonstrate ability to understand and organize technical data for communications and analysis.
- Clarity of vision at a distance of 20 inches or less with the ability to judge distance and space relationships along with adjusting the eye to bring objects into sharp focus for reading machine dial gauges, blueprints, and precision measuring instruments used in the inspection of parts.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Must meet client background and drug test requirements.
- Must have general understanding of numbers
- Annual training in hazardous waste materials/transport will be performed in accordance with DOT, RCRA, EPA and OSHA.
- Strong customer service and problem solving skills.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, changing environment with challenging customer demands.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability and desire to work both independently and in a team environment to meet the goals and objections of the company.
Compensation of Machinist III:
$16- $21 hr
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Pick up and return your completed referral coupon to your local branch.
We are an equal opportunity employer.