HireLevel is seeking a leader for a Maintenance Manager in Herrin, IL! The Maintenance manager monitors assets on an ongoing basis carrying out daily, weekly, monthly and annual preventative maintenance procedures. This role will be directly involved in maintenance and operation of production equipment and functions. The Maintenance Manager reports to the Plant Manager and represents the maintenance department on the SQF Team. If critical thinking is a strength of yours, you love leading an amazing team and have experience in plant/production management then you should apply!
Our client is a family owned and operated manufacturing plant located in Southern Illinois who emphasizes a reliability-focused culture. Since its inception in 2001, leadership has been intentional about working closely across all business functions. When you join their family, as a client or employee, you are highly valued and not just a number!
Benefits of Maintenance Manager:
- Pay: $45,000-$60,000 + discretionary bonus
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance with 80% company paid premium
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- 401K with contribution and employer matching
- 7 paid holidays
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors, maintains and repairs equipment; reduces production down time. Provides updates and documentation regarding equipment maintenance and preventative maintenance program
- Identifies and carries out appropriate solutions and repairs
- Acts as a safety champion ensuring all equipment and personnel operate safely
- Manages expenses to maximize investment and reduce overall costs
- Identifies high volume use items and does price comparison
- Identify critical need items and stock items that result in repeated down time
- Utilizes vendor warehouses instead on NEI warehouse for lesser used items
- Identifies assets and equipment that are costly to maintain; develop alternate solutions
- Analyzes non-conformities and coordinates corrective action (i.e. preventative maintenance, equipment repairs and clean up). Provides proper documentation to SQF Team.
- Reduces major repairs by correcting minor difficulties as soon as they are evident. Interacts with operators, management and SQF Team to identify issues.
- Maintenance supports strategic supplier and vendor relationships as well as internal and external stakeholders
- Maintenance uses reliability data collection and analysis systems like root cause analysis; utilizes maintenance schedule and maintenance manual
- Provides training to production team as needed
- Assists with audits and audit preparations; active member of SQF Team
- Supports owners, Plant Manager and production as needed
- HSE minimum required. Associate or applicable certification/degree preferred
- 5 years’ equipment maintenance work in a similar industrial environment preferred
- Physically able to lift 50 lbs., walk or stand for a full shift
- Familiarity with gauges, dials diagrams and able to read and follow work orders
- Able to use a variety of hand and power tools including welder, drill press and other
- Strong Interpersonal communication skills written, verbal and computer
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem solving, documentation, and organizational skills
- Continuous training and development needed
- Strong safety record
- Flexibility and availability for overtime if needed
We are an equal-opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, or any other protected classification protected by local, state, or federal laws.