Industry: Maintenance Technician
Job Number: 47276
HireLevel is looking for a Maintenance Mechanic in Alton, IL!
This client has been around for over 30 years and is heavily involved in the manufacturing of heating, cooling, ventilation, and other building products for residential and commercial clients. Currently, they are seeking a Maintenance Mechanic to assist troubleshooting equipment and performing immediate repairs.
Position: Contract-to-hire or Direct Hire
Location: Alton, IL
Hours: Monday - Friday |1st Shift 7: 00 am - 3: 00 pm
Pay: $22.00- $25.00/hr.
Similar Positions: Equipment Engineering Technician, Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Worker
Responsibilities of the Maintenance Mechanic:
- Ensure that all equipment is operating efficiently and safely
- Troubleshoot and maintain equipment operations
- Plan and execute maintenance activities, upgrades, and installations (defining scope, identify necessary parts/supplies, determine required tools, calculate time required to complete task)
- Repair, rebuild, and do preventative maintenance on hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical equipment (motors, pumps, valves, conveyors, compressors, drive trains)
- Complete maintenance work orders in a timely fashion
- Communicate issues to department managers and coordinate with the team to schedule repairs
Requirements of the Maintenance Mechanic:
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Pick up and return your completed referral coupon to your local branch.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must have 3-5 years of experience in a maintenance or millwright position
- Welding experience required
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, schematics, wiring diagrams, and micrometers
- Experience with single-phase 120 Volt; 3-phase electrical 240-600 Volt; PLC/ Electronic; SERVO experience is a plus
- Previous sheet metal fabricating and/or plastic mold injection experience is a plus
- Ability to meet background and drug screen requirements