Industry: Maintenance Supervisor
Job Number: 48290
Hirelevel is hiring for a Maintenance Supervisor in Granite City, IL!
This position directs the functions of the maintenance department in servicing and repairing equipment, buildings, facilities, and installing new equipment to maintain efficient operations. This position reports to the Superintendent of Maintenance and Repair. Maintenance machinists and the pipefitters will report to the maintenance supervisor.
Position: Direct Hire
Location: Granite City, IL
Hours: 3: 00 p.M. 11: 00 p.M. Or 11: 00 p.M - 7: 00 a.M.
Similar Positions: Heavy Machine Operator, Journeyman, Industrial Maintenance, Pipefitter, Supervisor, Electrician
Salary: $50-$60k and Great benefit package, including employee stock options, bonus structures, and 401k
Responsibilities of the Maintenance Supervisor:
- Prioritize equipment and facility repairs and rebuilds
- Contact vendors and contractors to obtain parts, materials, and services required to maintain equipment and facilities
- Maintain an adequate workforce through interviewing, evaluating, hiring, and training qualified applicants in accordance with all labor agreements and safety standards
- Analyze equipment operations and repair processes for safety and efficiency
- Record daily department repair, service, and inspections, and provide information to maintenance management
- Perform all other related assignments
Requirements of the Maintenance Supervisor:
- Minimum high school diploma
- Knowledge and familiarity of production facilities and equipment. Knowledge of carpentry, electric, pipefitting, mechanics, equipment servicing, and repair procedures, including pneumatic and hydraulic experience
- Four to six years experience in industrial maintenance
- Excellent supervisory skills including delegation
- Ability to motivate people, complete multiple tasks in a timely manner, responsible, organized, self-motivated, and work independently with limited supervision
- Union experience preferred
- Ability to meet background and drug screen requirements