Industry: Warehouse General
Job Number: 47542
HireLevel is looking for Maintenance Tech 1 in the Indianapolis, IN area!
This is a growing company with great benefits and a great culture. They hire on with full benefits and paid time off after 61 days of employment.
The ideal candidate understands and diagnoses equipment malfunctions and assists in repair of all equipment including hydraulic, pneumatic and electric.
Location: Indianapolis, IN (on busline)
Shift: full-time 1st shift, 9am until job is complete (approx 6pm)
Pay: $16.25 an hour
Additional Responsibilities of the Maintenance Tech 1:
- Start machines and observe mechanical operation to determine efficiency and to detect problems.
- Read work orders and specifications to determine machines and equipment requiring repair or maintenance.
- Set up and operate machines, and adjust controls to regulate operations.
- Lubricate or apply adhesives or other materials to machines, machine parts, or other equipment, according to specified procedures.
- Collaborate with other workers to repair or move machines, machine parts, or equipment.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems and production machines.
- Maintains all equipment in assigned area.
- Responsible for sharpening production equipment.
- Responsible for set up of production equipment.
- Verifies assembly and/or operations equipment is in proper and safe manner.
- Responsible for communication with maintenance and management personnel on equipment problem solving and safety issues.
- Responsible for repair of fork lifts and A/C equipment
- Collect and discard worn machine parts and other refuse to maintain machinery and work areas.
- Ability to diagnose and solve problems quickly.
- Operates various types of tools and equipment safely and efficiently.
Job Requirements of the Maintenance Tech 1:
- BS degree; Associates Degree; 1-2 years of maintenance experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatic, and electric equipment Ability to operate a computer for inventory access.
- Equipment Maintenance-Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Repairing-Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Operation Monitoring-Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Operation and Control-Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Troubleshooting-Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Quality Control Analysis-Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Critical Thinking-Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Coordination-Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Complex Problem Solving-Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Pick up and return your completed referral coupon to your local branch.