HireLevel is looking for a Maintenance Technician located in Marion, IL.
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Job Category: Full-Time
Contract Location: Marion, IL
Shift: Day shift
Similar Positions: Equipment Engineering Technician, Maintenance Man, Maintenance Mechanic, Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Workers
Compensation of Maintenance Technician: $10.00-$12.00
Responsibilities of Maintenance Technician:
- Serves as a working supervisor, with majority a of time spent performing maintenance functions.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of the overall property and customer/resident-based community.
- Inspect the building and property daily and performed routine preventative maintenance and immediately addressing safety issues.
- Responds to emergency maintenance repairs after normal working hours or assigns to another team member.
- Make budget recommendations to the Property Manager for all maintenance line items and assists the Property Manager in controlling maintenance expenses.
- Order and maintain inventory of building materials and supplies as required.
- Coordinate efforts between management and contractors and obtain bids for repairs and replacements as per company guidelines.
- Ensures that all company maintenance policies and procedures are implemented at the property.
- Ensures that company standards for the performance of maintenance functions are consistently maintained.
- Provides direction, guidance, and supervision to all maintenance staff at the property.
- Responsible for preparing and implementing weekly maintenance staff work schedules.
- Provides training of maintenance staff to ensure proper performance of their functions, consistent with company policies, procedure and standards.
- Ensure service contractors as scheduled for appropriate maintenance (exterminator, elevator, standpipe sprinkler, boiler, etc.).
- Remove snow and ice and keep sidewalks clean and safe during inclement weather.
- Keep and maintain accurate records as required by regulation or company operating protocols.
- Responsible for general upkeep of the building which includes, but is not limited to, making sure that all common areas are in a clean and orderly state and the landscaping is up kept including snow removal.
- Involvement with the tenant community and reporting any issues to management in a timely manner.
Requirements of Maintenance Technician:
- Previous maintenance experience in various maintenance areas including: plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, and general building operations.
- Requires HVAC license
- Previous supervisory experience
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- Must be service oriented.
- General computer knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to lift 50 or more pounds
- Experience working with REAC (Real Estate Assessment Center) preferred
- On call is a two-week rotation with the Maintenance Technician
Benefits include 401k, PTO, Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Pick up and return your completed referral coupon to your local branch.
HireLevel is an equal opportunity employer.