HireLevel is looking for a Maintenance Technician for General Cable in DuQuoin, IL.
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Job Category: Full time
Contract Location: DuQuoin, IL
Shift: 2nd and 3rd shift
Compensation for Maintenance Technician: $25.00/hr
Responsibilities of Maintenance Technician:
- Observe and follow all plant and department safety rules, work rules, procedures, and EHS policies.
- Troubleshoot and repair of plant manufacturing machinery and support equipment.
- Troubleshooting and repairs of motor controls and drives (AC, DC, and VFD), PLC and relay based electrical systems.
- Inspect, repair and understand the technical aspects (electrical and mechanical) of 480 and 4160 volt electrical systems, water pumps, oil pumps, vacuum conveying systems, hydraulic and pneumatic components/operations, alignment procedures, bearing installation, and mechanical transmission devices.
- Ability to perform light machining work (lathe and milling machines).
- Repair or fabrication of machine parts utilizing welding techniques such as arc and oxy-acetylene).
- Must be able to read and interpret schematics, drawings and technical literature to aid in preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and reliability of plant machinery and systems.
- Perform inspections and preventative maintenance tasks on machinery and equipment.
- Provide recommendations, ideas, and suggestions to improve reliability of machinery, equipment and operations.
- Provide advanced training to junior maintenance associates on ongoing basis.
- Provide basic training to, production associates and other personnel as needed.
- Other tasks as required.
Job Requirements of Maintenance Technician:
- Must be able to pass a forklift certification procedure.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair all mechanical equipment and electrical circuits and systems up to and including 4160 volt systems without assistance.
- Must be able to work any shift.
- Must be able to walk through the entire 250,000+ sq. ft facility as needed during a normal work day.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders.
- Must be able to work in varying seasonal temperatures within an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Ability to certify skills through testing.
- Must be able to meet the requirements of a background check.
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Submit your referrals at www.hirelevel.com/referral.
HireLevel is an equal opportunity employer.