Hirelevel is seeking Manual Machinist for a client located in Vienna, IL.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working on coal mining equipment.
Job Title: Manual Machinist
Job Category: Temp to Hire
Contract Location: Vienna, IL
Shift: 6:00am - 3:30pm
Similar Jobs: Machinist, CNC Machinist, Manual Machinist
Responsibilities for Manual Machinist:
- Operate machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to produce metal parts.
- Review electronic or written blueprints or specifications for a job.
- Determine how much material to remove.
- Select tools and materials for the job.
- Plan the sequence of cutting and finishing operations.
- Mark the workpiece to show where cuts should be made.
- Position workpiece on the drill press, lathe, or milling machine.
- Monitor and control feed rate and speed.
- Ensure workpiece is properly lubricated and/or cooled.
- Regulate temperature of workpiece.
- Detect problems by listening for specific sounds.
- Adjust cutting speed to compensate for harmonic vibrations.
- Monitor the accuracy of cuts.
- Check accuracy of work against blueprints and specifications.