HireLevel is seeking a Material Handler in Muscatine, IA!
Our client is a large biochemical and agricultural biotechnology corporation. They are a global company, active in the fields of health and nutrition.
Job Category: Full-Time
Location: Muscatine, IA
Shift: 1st shift | Monday – Friday
Pay rate: $15 an hour
Similar Positions: Material Handler, Delivery, Loader/Unloader, Packaging, Warehouse Associate, General Labor, Dispatcher
Responsibilities of Material Handler:
- Materials Coordinator is responsible to coordinate, receive, record, stage and release to contractors the equipment and materials that are delivered to a project job site.
- Materials Coordinator must communicate verbally and in writing.
- Maintain Delivery Schedule. Review delivery schedule daily to prioritize work load.
- Provide trucking companies (or drivers) with a cell and office phone number. Communicate with drivers regarding their arrival time, delivery gate location, impacts of late arrival and potential delays that could impact unloading time. Inform truck drivers of PPE requirements and Global Eng. safety requirements for unloading.
- Directing the driver to the proper staging or unloading area. Inform the contractor that the truck is on-site and ready to be unloaded. Count or confirm the incoming material and equipment; compare the count to the BOL/ packing slip.
- Validate and check the material or equipment.
- Take photos of any damaged material or equipment before offloading to ensure it is known that the damage was done prior to offloading. If deemed necessary, take additional photos of the material and equipment once it is staged or stored as proof of delivery.
- Keep logs and detailed report of received materials and equipment.
- Develop vendor files and electronic tracking systems.
Requirements of Material Handler:
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license in good standing.
- Applicants must be able to perform laboratory and field work, have general computer knowledge. in addition, applicants preferably have some pathology experience or mechanical skills.
- Activities will require bending and lifting, long periods of sitting or standing.
- Extended hours or shift work may be requested during the peak seasons.
- Must be able to read and write, to understand verbal and written task and safety instructions delivered in English, and to perform assigned tasks accurately.
- Must be able to adhere to all SOPs when carrying out assigned tasks and to support all site safety requirements.
- Must be able to function as a team member, and to take daily direction from supervisors and managers.
- Must be able to meet client’s background and drug test requirements
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Submit your referrals at www.hirelevel.com/referral.
We are an equal opportunity employer.