HireLevel is looking for a Material Handler for a client in Pinkneyville, IL!
Job Title: Material Handler
Job Category: Full-Time
Contract Location: Pinkneyville, IL
Shift: 7:00am – 3:30pm Monday thru Friday
Similar Positions: Warehouse Associate, Loader and Unloader,
Responsibilities of Material Handler:
- They load and unload materials in warehouses and storage facilities. Some materials are moved by transport equipment like trucks and trains.
- When materials are delivered, it is the handler’s task to ensure accuracy of the delivery through comparing the invoice and the actual items.
- Material handlers also prepare the materials for shipping.
- They weigh, pack, and stamp them and choose the shipment method as according to shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Material handlers participate in routing, counting, and inspecting items while loading and unloading trucks.
- They also prepare necessary shipping forms such as bills of lading.
- Other duties may include providing on the job training to lower level employees and resolving problems regarding shipping, receiving, and stock operations.
- Material handlers also transport high technology, high dollar cost equipment, laboratory supplies, office supplies, furniture, and hazardous materials to customers.