HireLevel is looking for a Optical Lab Tech in Marion, IL.
Our Client is a state-of-the art retina care division focused solely on the care of retinal disease. They first opened their doors in 1974, they’ve grown into a multi-specialty ophthalmological practice providing comprehensive medical, surgical and optical services to the communities of southern Illinois and southeast Missouri. The ideal candidate will have great customer service experience and have an understanding that each patient should be treated like family.
Job Category: Full-Time:
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
Benefits: 401(k), Dental and health insurance, Paid time off
Responsibilities of Optical Lab Tech:
- Work with basic optical labratory equipment, tools, supplies, and materials
- Use of hand-stone, buffer, lens mounting apparatus
- With training, correctly read and interpret prescription specifications and input into computer properly to ensure lenses are cut properly
- Maintain lab equipment and area in a safe and organized manner
- Perform multiple concurrent tasks at several different equipment stations in order to maintain acceptable job flow
- Read, comprehend and follow technical manuals and protocols
- Fill out all assigned reporting forms in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements of Optical Lab Tech:
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience working in a lab or technical setting preferred
- Experience working in the optical industry is preferred
- Ability to work with a deadline
- Assembly line experience is a plus
- Must meet requirements for criminal background clearance and drug testing policies
Earn $50 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $50 gift card to say thank you! Pick up and return your completed referral coupon to your local branch.
We are an equal opportunity employer.