HireLevel is recruiting for a Medical Management Coordinator in Chicago, IL!
Our client is a fortune 500 company who is a nation-wide leader in the healthcare services field and they pride themselves on their ability to provide a wide range of government-sponsored healthcare programs; including a variety of insurance solutions.
Job Category: Full-Time, Contract to hire
Location: Chicago, IL
Similar Positions: Case Manager, Medical Management, Managed Care, Claims
Compensation: $22+ an hour (Based on Experience)
Responsibilities of Medical Management Coordinator:
- Initiate authorization requests for output or input services in keeping with the prior authorization list.
- Research claims inquiry specific to the department and responsibility.
- Perform tasks necessary to promote member compliance such as verifying appointments, obtaining lab results.
- Assess and monitor inpatient census and screen for eligibility and benefits.
- Identify members without a PCP and refer to Member Services.
- Screen members by priority for case management (CM) assessment.
- Perform transition of care duties to include but not limited to, contact the member’s attending physician, member or medical power of attorney, other medical providers (home health agencies, equipment vendors) for information pertaining to special needs.
- Coordinate services with community based organizations.
- Attend marketing and outreach meetings as directed to represent the plan.
- Produces and mails routine CM letters and program educational material.
Requirements of Medical Management Coordinator :
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years managed care or physician’s office experience
- Thorough knowledge of customer service, utilization review or claims processing practices in a managed care environment
- Must meet client’s background and drug screening policies
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Submit your referrals at www.hirelevel.com/referral.
We are an equal opportunity employer.