Industry: Medical Assistant
Job Number: 48930
HireLevel is seeking a Medical Unit Clerk for our Fortune 500 Healthcare client located in Madison, WI. The ideal candidate will provide assistance to patients to ensure quality patient care and satisfaction, as well as provide support to staff.
Job Type: Full-Time, Contract to Hire
Shift: Monday - Friday, 8AM-5PM
Pay Rate: $13+ an hour
Similar Positions: Medical Assistant, Healthcare Attendant, Direct Support Provider
Job Duties for the Administrative Assistant:
- This position provides assistance to patient inquiries via telephone or personal contact and screens patients to obtain Medical Center information
- Makes patient appointments, schedules surgeries and provides patients appropriate general information regarding their surgical procedure.
- Responsible and accountable for managing referrals for medical and surgical specialist appointments to ensure timely, efficient communication between patients and referral provider offices allowing for smooth coordination of the patient between the insurance and healthcare provider
Job Requirements for the Administrative Assistant:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 years customer service, or business experience with a minimum of 1 year in a health care setting
- Medical terminology knowledge/education
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with full knowledge of keyboard
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR) knowledge and/or experience preferred
- Patient care skills including safe transferring and ability to take vitals
- Familiarity with ICD-9 and CPT coding language
- Experience with medical billing and insurance
- Must meet requirements of drug screening and background check
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Pick up and return your completed referral coupon to your local branch.
We are an equal opportunity employer.