HireLevel is in search of an enthusiastic and positive Office Manager to join a thriving fresh food distributor in St. Charles, MO. In this influential role, you'll be at the forefront of day-to-day administrative tasks while embodying our client's core values: leadership, trust, desire, community, excellence, and growth. Your leadership will extend to organizing employee events and serving as the point of contact for on-site visitors. If you're passionate about enhancing workplace culture and thrive in a service-oriented role, this opportunity is tailor-made for you
Company Overview: As Missouri's premier woman-owned fresh food distributor, our client boasts nearly five decades of expertise in the St. Louis region. They specialize in delivering top-tier produce sourced from local growers and farms. Powered by cutting-edge technology and an unwavering commitment to exceptional service, they offer the reliability and transparency their customers both expect and deserve. Their clientele spans multi-unit restaurants, hotels, non-profits, hospitals, stadiums, food service companies, local eateries, and catering businesses.
- Pay: $49,400 - $55,900
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Holiday Pay
- And more!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as the first point of contact for the office.
- Maintains office services and monitors clerical functions.
- Keeps management informed by summarizing information and identifying trends.
- Handles all new hire employment-related paperwork including benefits enrollment, payroll, and tax documentation, building safety, and access.
- Supports creating a new hire orientation program and onboarding schedules for new hires.
- Responsible for supporting unemployment claims, workers’ compensation claims, and employment verifications.
- Creates and maintains current and new employee personnel files including complaint Department of Transportation files.
- Serves as a friendly and reliable point of contact for employees on benefits, time off, and other policy and procedure-related questions and inquiries.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Partners with HR to update and maintain office policies as necessary.
- Provides general support to visitors.
- Addresses employee’s queries regarding office management issues
- Plans in-house or off-site activities, like parties, celebrations, and conferences.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Proven experience as an Office Manager, Front Office Manager, or Administrative Assistant
- High School degree: additional qualification as an Administrative Assistant or Human Resources coordinator will be a plus.
- Positive, energetic, and welcoming personality
- Must be adept at working with individuals at all levels in various positions.
- Comfortable navigating in the grey and exercising good judgment. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoys working independently, and is self-motivated with excellent organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial growth mindset.
- Strong problem-solving skills and creative ways of thinking
- Ability to remain tactful, calm, and persuasive in controversial and/or confrontational situations.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality.
We are an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, or any other protected classification protected by local, state, or federal laws.