Industry: Project Engineer
Job Number: 46853
HireLevel is looking for an Onsite Training Coordinator with our client in DuQuoin, IL!
Do you want to expand your experience portfolio by working with a leading manufacturer in the area? As the Onsite Training Coordinator, you will be charged with preparing, facilitating, monitoring, evaluating and documenting training activities for all new hires during an exciting time of the organization's expansion. This contract is expected to begin in September and end March 31, 2019.
Job Category: Contract, Part-Time
Location: DuQuoin, IL
Similar Positions: Project Manager, Training Coordinator, Training Manager, Manufacturing Lead
Compensation of Onsite Training Coordinator: $20.00/HR
Responsibilities of Onsite Training Coordinator:
- Assess training needs for new employees hired as part of the transition to 24/7
- Coordinate and supervise the training and development skills of new hires, while enhancing productivity, and quality of work. Discuss Position Qualification Standards training with new hires to ensure understanding of program
- Arrange on the job training for new hires to include meet and greets with Supervisor, Lead, Trainer, and other associates
- Conduct New Hire Orientation sessions (HR & Safety)
- Partner with Payroll to register new hires in time clock system and review use
- Oversee the completion of the PQS by meeting with the Supervisor, Trainer and new associates at the 30, 60 and 90-day intervals while keeping HR up to speed on progress.
- Identify internal and external training programs to address competency gaps
- Partner with internal stakeholders regarding employee training needs
- Organize, develop or source training programs to meet specific training needs
- Develop training aids such as manuals and handbooks
- Design and apply assessment tools to measure training effectiveness
- Track and report on training outcomes
- Provide feedback to participants and management
- Evaluate and make recommendations on training material and methodology
- Handle logistics for training activities
- Follow-up with new hires to solicit daily feedback and ensure timely follow-up on any questions or concerns.
- Maintain records, provide feedback, and ensure accountability of training with trainers and supervisors.
- Recommend, assist in the creation and ongoing effectiveness of training initiatives and best practices.
Key Competencies of Onsite Training Coordinator:
- Planning and organizing
- Communication skills
- Data gathering and analysis
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Presentation/Facilitation skills
- Coaching skills
- Team player
- Sense of urgency
- Computer skills (including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)