HireLevelis seeking a highly motivated and driven Store Leader for a building and design company in Sparta, IL. The ideal candidate would come with respectful people management skills, super strong organizations skills, retail sales skills, be computer confident, experience in the hardware industry, and the ability to have transparent/honest communication directly with team members. This person will be an action taker, a driver, someone that can step back to assess the scope of an issue, formulate a plan, communicate clearly, and drive for resolution. This individual must lead by example, be highly motivated, and be able to manage tough situations (often and with enthusiasm). If this describes you, then apply!
This local building and design center has been servicing southern Illinois since 1964. It is an upstanding and sought out company to work for that sees their team as a little family!
- Pay: $45,000- $65,000
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Discount on company materials
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement with Company Contributions
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build Professional relationships with employees and customers and set the example for staff
- Become proficient and teach/train staff in all processes and procedures, while using your master operation skills of task delegation and completion
- Consistently set an exemplary customer services standard
- Focus on a positive store and staff presentation while assessing and correcting/praising interaction with customers and cleanliness with visual appeal of inside/outside of store
- Communicate openly and honestly with co-workers in every department on every matter to ensure transparency and faster issue resolution
- Open and close store Monday through Friday 7:15am-4:45pm
- Take direction from Murphysboro manager(s) and implement changes in Sparta, ensuring they are regularly adhered to until a daily normal practice is set
- Eventually take over tasks moved out of Sparta like 1x1’s, building store schedule, product computer receiving, interview and hire new employees, store to store transfers, various report activities, etc.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- People Management and customer service
- Verbal and Written Communication
- Experience in retail sales
- Stellar spelling and grammar
- Positive attitude and motivation
- Experience in Computer use
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear
- Will be exposed to outside weather conditions and a dirty and dusty environment
- Required to stand and walk for long periods of time to and from various areas within the property
- Required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, or any other protected classification protected by local, state, or federal laws.