Job Number: 49755
HireLevel is looking for a Order Picker on the East Side of Indianapolis, IN!
Do you want to be part of a dynamic organization that allows for you to work independently while being part of a team? Do you have high level expectations, possess strong follow up skills, and are excited by the success of our company in a fast-paced and exciting environment!
Job Category: Full-Time, Temp-to-Hire
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Shift: Monday Friday | Shifts will vary
What is unique about the client: Temperature controlled, close to bus line
Company Culture: Equal opportunity employer; family culture
Similar Positions: material handler; load/unload; packer
Compensation of Warehouse Associate: $14.00
Responsibilities of Order Picker:
- Ensures the accuracy of all shipping/receiving documents and gathers and maintains all data and records relative to shipping/receiving activities.
- Assures that shipping/receiving counts match picking/purchase order documents and assists in resolving any discrepancies.
- Collects all documentation for outbound freight and ensures all documents including receiving paperwork are filed appropriately.
- Pick orders to be shipped as needed, ensure proper labels and paperwork have been applied before shipping and examine outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- Schedules inbound and outbound freight to comply with warehouse operations and capacities in conjunction with the Warehouse Manager.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Identifies backorders and places merchandise in designated holding area for expedited handling.
- Receives UPS orders and subdivides into separate product category for verification and stocking activities.
- Verifies (recounts) orders received by others to ensure accuracy of incoming merchandise.
Requirements of Order Picker:
- Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally; or up to 25 pounds of force frequently; or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced, team environment.
- Must have a good attention to detail. * Must successfully pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Attendance must be kept in 'Green Zone'
- Must be willing to learn how to use new equipment.
- Must be willing to learn WMS Technology
- Must adhere to all safety rules and requirements
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Pick up and return your completed referral coupon to your local branch.
We are an equal opportunity employer.