Industry: Warehouse General
Job Number: 47720
HireLevel powered by Extra Help is looking for Order Selector in the Indianapolis, IN area!
This is a growing company with great benefits and a great culture.
The ideal candidate must have experience warehouse pick/pack, electric pallet jack equipment, and vocollect (headset)
Job Category: General Laborer
Location: Indianapolis, IN (on busline)
Shift: full-time 3rd shift 7pm-4am Sunday-Thursday (1-2 Fridays per month)
Pay: $13.50 an hour
Similar Positions: General Labor, Warehouse, Maintenance, Inventory Control, Shipping and Receiving
Additional Responsibilities of the Warehouse Selector:
- Obtains merchandise from warehouse shelves to fill orders for waiting customers
- Read pick labels to determine type and quantity of items to be picked
- Identify correct storage bin using alpha-numeric code
- Places merchandise into customer vehicles
- Indicate any shortages and determine appropriate substitutes
- Move materials and items from storage areas to loading dock or other designated area with the use of pallet jacks and reach rider (stand up fork lift)
- Check merchandise with a loading document to ensure correct product quantity and type
Job Requirements of the Warehouse Selector:
- High school diploma or GED; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Capability to use pick by voice system including the ability to hear and to speak into microphone.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers and decimals.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal or diagram form
- Ability to solve problems quickly.
- Regularly required to walk and occasionally required to stand
- Regularly required to lift and/or move items weighing up to 75 pounds
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move items weighing up to 100 pounds
- Regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme cold
- Occasionally work in high places
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Pick up and return your completed referral coupon to your local branch.