HireLevel is looking for a Legal Assistant for our client in Carbondale, Illinois.
Our client is seeking to hire a full-time Paralegal/Legal Assistant assisting attorneys with drafting legal documents, pleading and correspondence, as well as organizing and maintaining files.
Job Category: Temp to Hire, Full Time
Location: Carbondale, Illinois
Shift: Monday - Friday, dayshift
Similar Positions: Executive Assistant, Secretary
Compensation: $16 - $20 an hour
Responsibilities of a Legal Assistant:
- Prepaid pleadings, legal documents. wills, trusts. contracts, correspondence and other legal documents
- Organize and maintain documents in a paper and electronic filing system
- Meet with clients, attorneys and other professionals regarding case details
- Keep records and reports up to date
- Calendar hearing, depositions, appointments
Requirements of the Legal Assistant:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience and a BS in an ABA-approved paralegal program or equivalent
- Excellent time management skills
- knowledge of ECF filing and E-filing
- strong oral and written skills
- Proficient with microsoft office, specifically outlook, word, excel
Earn $50 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Submit your referrals at?www.hirelevel.com/referral
We are an equal opportunity employer.