HireLevel is seeking a Litigation Paralegal for a law firm located in St. Louis, MO. This person will work as a team member with attorneys from initial responsive pleadings, discovery, trial preparation and trial. The ideal candidate has 3+ years of experience in litigation supporting a team of attorneys in the products liability and medical malpractice defense practice. If you have a passion for litigation work, take pride in being organized, are detail-oriented, and can be flexible and have fun at work then this position is for you!
Our client is ranked one of St. Louis’ Best Places to Work several years in a row! They believe that each member of the firm is a valuable member of the team where excellence, mutual respect, personal responsibility, and community service are the values they support each day. Shareholders, associates, paralegals, and staff work in an open, collegial environment that makes it easy to collaborate on projects, problem-solve, and work as a team in servicing clients.
- Pay: $50,000-$80,000k
- Hybrid Work Schedule
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance
- Paid time off/vacation plus Holidays
- Paid Parking or Transportation Allowance
- Team Building Committees
- Flexible health spending account
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- And much more!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as a team member with attorneys from initial responsive pleadings, discovery, trial preparation and trial.
- Prepare a chronology of facts, medical records and create production logs.
- Conducting research via social media and online services.
- Draft various document summaries to include medical and tax records, memorandums and scheduling orders for attorney review and signature.
- Research and make recommendations on expert witnesses.
- Assist with all aspects of discovery phase including preparing discovery requests and responses, issuing subpoenas, and coordinating depositions.
- Manage documents through various case management softwares.
- Prepare documentation and materials for hearings and depositions.
- Manage multiple priorities.
- Knowledge of legal principles and practices at a level normally acquired through formal paralegal training.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Ability to proofread material for contextual, grammatical, typographic, or spelling errors.
- Ability to review, organize, analyze, and summarize facts and documents.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Products.
- Proficient in document management and case management software.
- Ability to travel to private and public buildings, locally or nationwide, via private or public transportation to assist attorney in representing clients.
- 4 Year Degree in Legal Studies or 4 Year Bachelor’s Degree with a Paralegal Certificate.
We are an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, or any other protected classification protected by local, state, or federal laws.