Are you a numbers person with strong attention to detail? Do you have previous payroll experience?
HireLevel is seeking a highly motivated and driven Payroll Specialist with an established accounting and payroll firm located in Hopkins, MN. This is a Direct Hire opportunity with a comprehensive benefit package offered.
The Payroll Specialist will provide clients with expertise and commitment to exceptional service. The Payroll Specialist will be part of an entrepreneurial team and the company is committed to developing and retaining their staff. They do this be providing opportunities for continuing professional development and applicable certifications.
Job Category: Direct Hire
Location: Hopkins, MN
Type: Full-time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
Shift: Monday - Friday (daytime hours)
Compensation: $22+ an hour
- Monthly Health Insurance Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Benefits with Company Match
- Continuing Education Opportunities
Duties and Responsibilities of a Payroll Specialist:
- Communicates and provides best-in-class payroll services to our client base located throughout the country.
- Set up new clients in our payroll system and reviews for accuracy before the first payroll is processed.
- Acts as trainer to clients located remotely and in person to understand and use payroll software.
- Understands FLSA regulations, payroll tax laws, garnishment calculations and maintains knowledge through ongoing training.
- Processes multi-state and multi-jurisdiction payrolls with all levels of complexity for a variety of clients based on information provided by clients while meeting payroll deadlines.
- Resolves issues in a timely manner with the clients, various agencies, accounting staff and management.
- Reconciles wage information monthly & quarterly and assists with outside agency audit and tax notice resolution.
- Ensures that all tax reporting for assigned clients is done by required deadlines. This includes payroll depository taxes where applicable.
- Participates in and contributes to scheduled and ad hoc training in order to improve policy and process acumen.
- Performs special projects and any other duties as identified.
Qualifications of a Payroll Specialist:
- Associate degree with an emphasis in accounting or finance
- One year of payroll/related field experience preferred
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping principles and office management systems and procedures
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Suite
- Working knowledge of office equipment (e.g., optical scanner)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Reliable with patience and professionalism
HireLevel is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, or any other protected classification protected by local, state, or federal laws.