HireLevel is seeking Process Operation Technicians in Edwardsville, IL.
Job Title:Process Operation Technician
Job Type:Full-time, Contract
Hours:8am-8pm OR 8p-8pa rotating schedule, holidays and weekends included
Rate of Pay: $23-$26
Similar Positions: Maintenance Tech, Process Operator, Process Technician
Responsibilities of Process Operation Technician:
- Assists in collecting and recording research data and obtains samples from various stages of the operating process
- Assists in ensuring analytical laboratory samples are obtained from proper sources at appropriate time intervals
- Inspects, prepares, starts-up, operates, and shuts down machinery and equipment using research protocols and standardized operating procedures
- Monitors and controls special processing streams, waste streams, and client confidential products according to customer's directions
- Disassembles, inspects, cleans, and repairs operating equipment and machinery following pilot plant operating trials
- Monitors inventories of raw materials, plant process rates, production efficiencies, and product output
- Adjusts chemical controls and monitors power and gas usage rates to ensure efficient utility supplies
- Completes other duties as assigned
- Demonstrates safe operating behavior and responsible use of materials and equipment
Requirements for Process Operation Technician:
1. Work experience in the renewable fuels, chemicals, refining, brewing or related fields and/or experience in a research, bioprocessing, or refining environment.
2. College coursework as measured by the following conversion or its proportional equivalent
(a) 30 semester hours in an applied related degree program equaling one year
(b) 60 semester hours or an Associate Degree in a related program equaling two years
(c) 90 semester hours of coursework in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering degree programs
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance
- Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures
- Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems
- Equipment Maintenance - Performing routine maintenance on equipment and troubleshooting
- Basic knowledge of chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and chemical processes related the process industry
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Earn $50 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $50 gift card to say thank you! Submit your referrals at www.hirelevel.com/referral.
We are an equal opportunity employer.