HireLevel is seeking Chemical Operators in Edwardsville, IL.
Job Title: Chemical Operator
Job Type: Full-time, Contract
Location: Edwardsville, IL
Hours:8am-8 pm OR 8p-8pa rotating schedule, holidays and weekends included
Rate of Pay: $23
Similar Positions: Chemical Operations Tech, Process Operator
Responsibilities of Process Operation Technician:
· Operate and monitor distillation and dehydration operations
· Collect samples in the pilot plant and deliver them to the laboratory
· Follow written standard operating procedures
· Maintain a safe, clean, and professional work environment
· Comply with all safety regulations
· Must be able to move about the pilot plant and research, including ascend/descend ladders and stairs, and lift/carry 25 pounds.
· Be able to work 12 hour shifts Monday - Friday
· Complete other duties as assigned.
Requirements for Process Operation Technician:
1. High School degree or equivalent
2. Any combination of 24 months of experience from the following categories
· Work experience renewable fuels, chemicals, refining, brewing, or research plant operations.
· College coursework focused on operations, science, engineering, or technology (30 hours equals 12 months)
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance
- Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures
- Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems
- Equipment Maintenance - Performing routine maintenance on equipment and troubleshooting
- Basic knowledge of chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and chemical processes related the process industry
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Earn $50 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $50 gift card to say thank you! Submit your referrals at www.hirelevel.com/referral.
We are an equal opportunity employer.