Industry: Account Manager
Job Number: 45480
This global client has been around for over 50 years and is a leader in the electrical field. Currently, they are seeking a Product Line Manager to assist in identifying, developing, and marketing products for the global generator excitation and controls markets. The PLM will lead the overall marketing process that includes market analysis, development of product strategies, product innovation, product promotional activity, profitability analysis, and return on investment calculations.
Position: Direct Hire
Location: Highland, IL
Similar Positions: Supply Chain Manager,
Responsivities of the Product Line Manager:
- Work with internal departments; including Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Manufacturing, and Finance
- Complete internal and field research to position products to succeed as a market leader
- Lead all efforts for new product development or enhance existing products
- Develop strong marketing strategies with the team
- Develop global pricing strategies and implement product pricing
- Assist with new product launches into the global market space
- Measure the product performance (market share, revenue, and profitability)
- Develop a market-forecasting model for each product and complete cost reduction review of the product line
- Ensure that product is stocked and available in inventory
- Attend key trade shows to build knowledge of market trends
- Build and maintain a strong understanding of competitors and their products
- Ensure all product information is available online
- Travel up to 30-40% as required (2-3 international trips per year)
Requirements of the Product Line Manager:
- Bachelor s degree; preferably in Marketing or Technical field.
- Solid working knowledge of assigned product areas and markets or other technical field.
- Five to ten years experience of combined sales, marketing, and product management.
- Understanding and previous experience with new product development launches.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project preferred, but not required.