Industry: Production Worker
Job Number: 46988
HireLevel is seeking a Production Associate for our client located in South Bend, IN!
Job Title: Production Associate
Job Category: Full-time, 7 month Contract
Shift Times: Monday-Friday 2nd shift
Location: South Bend, IN
Pay Rate: $15.00 per hour
Similar Positions: Production Worker, General Labor, Warehouse, Logistics Clerk
Job Duties of the Assembler:
- Perform equipment and tooling set-ups as specified by the Process Sheet Work Instructions.
- Perform quality inspection including gauge usage, SPC tracking and blueprint reading.
- Participate as a team member to continuously improve operations.
- Perform preventative maintenance and inspection checks on equipment and fork lifts.
- Operate and make necessary adjustments to the forge press, trim press, automatic loader, automatic graphite spray system, heat induction system and all related controls. Operate spray lubricant as required.
- Communicate with all other team members to assure quality product production and customer satisfaction.
- Perform visual inspection of product during production.
- Complete all necessary forms and quality records related to product production.
- Manage team leader responsibilities
- Participate in teams and/or taskforces that are directly related to plant operations and continuous improvement.
Job Requirements of the Associate:
- High School education or GED equivalent.
- 1-3 years of experience in the role mandatory.
- Frequently move and/or lift forgings and dies during the forging and trimming press operations weighing from 3-36lbs.
- Stand or walk the entire shift.
- Hear and talk to other teammates while working.
- Correctly identify colored buttons on machinery required to run forging operation.
- Visually detect quality defects during production.
- Tolerate extreme temperature changes, wetness and/or humidity during production operations.
- Tolerate noise at a time weighted average of 97 decibels and occasional vibration due to use of tools and equipment.
- Tolerate fumes from forge press, forklifts, Tennant Sweeper, welding and cutting operations.
- Tolerate occasional graphite/water mist from forging operations.
- Steel Toe Boots required.
- Ability to pass client's background and drug screen requirements.
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Pick up and return your completed referral coupon to your local branch.
We are an equal opportunity employer.