Industry: Production Engineer
Job Number: 47617
This position will be responsible for purchasing of electronic parts and inventory control activities within the Production Control Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain relationship with electronics suppliers and develop controls for supplier activities
- Request quotes from electronic suppliers
- Responsible for electronic parts procurement process with national and international electronic parts suppliers
- Develop and follow-up of component procurement forecast (new launch, mass production, or trial run.)
- Responsible for Inventory Control including verification of inventory amounts for mass production and trial parts
- Create mass production/new launch production schedules
- Issue trial production schedule to manufacturing for new trail part runs
- Responsible for implementation of production plans for all new parts at start of mass production
- Establish monthly, daily, hourly production schedule
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Two years of prior applicable experience in Production Control
- Electronics experience desired.
- Automotive experience desired.
- Valid passport for travel
- Knowledge of electronic parts inventory control functions.
- Knowledge of electronic parts purchasing process.