HireLevel is looking for an Engineering Manager in Earth City, MO!
Job Category: Full-Time, Direct Hire
Location: Earth City, MO
Shift: Monday through Friday 1st shift
Compensation for Engineering Manager: Based on Experience
What is unique about the client: A leading US manufacturer of clinically advanced dental hygiene products locally headquartered in the St. Louis area.
Similar Positions: Engineer, Engineering Supervisor, Warehouse Manager, Production Manager
Responsibilities for Engineering Manager:
- Serves as the engineering leader and technical expert for the business; is the main coach and mentor of the engineering team and is the main resource for resolving technical issues elevated by customers and/or our team
- Manages the strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility, through detailed planning, establishing process capability, process improvement, and procedural modifications resulting in improved manufacturing processes
- Supervises engineering team, overseeing their personal and team's performance in supporting operations and company's monthly and yearly targets
- Ultimately responsible for coaching and mentoring the engineering team and providing the right path forward for each department employee
- Presents budget and project proposals to key stakeholders, designed to provide the appropriate return on investment (ROI) for all projects that either drive continuous improvement or product development/launches
- Contributes to the evaluation of Capital Expenditures (CapEx) projects ensuring the appropriate (and current) technology is utilized and will provide the process capability and/or ROI sustainability for each project
- Checks and confirms accuracy in the work performed and methods used by engineering team along with verifying quality of work of completed projects
- Monitors staffing and training needs and partners with human resources to recruit, hire, manage performance, and develop employees as needed
- Communicates and collaborates with site leadership to organize, manage, and deliver continuous improvement and all other projects to timely completion
Requirements for Engineering Manager:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (chemical, manufacturing, or mechanical); Master's degree or MBA preferred
- 7+ years of engineering experience with demonstrated ability to direct and supervise senior engineers, technicians, mechanists, and consultants
- 5+ years in a Engineering management role.
- Prior work experience in a regulated industry with an emphasis on documentation and data (e.g., medical/GMP, ISO, or Mil-Spec)
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of engineering disciplines, practices, and techniques.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing technology and the business aspects of manufacturing.
- Knowledge of analytical tools (FMEA, statistics, mathematical modeling, FEA, etc.).
- Analytical and mathematical mind, capable of evaluating and solving various complex problems.
- Strong project management skills in the area of product development, demonstrated by successful leadership of at least one complex project (multi-functional, 12 - 24 months, core team of six or more people).
- High level of proficiency with MS Word and Excel software.
- Demonstrated skill in at least one CAD (computer aided design) software.
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards! If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Submit your referrals at www.hirelevel.com/referral.