HireLevel is looking for a Production Manager in St. Louis, MO!
Our client, a global packaging company, is looking for a Production Manager who reports to the Plant Manager. The purpose of this position is to reach production targets, by guaranteeing production continuity and product quality, in accordance with company standards and procedures.
Job Category: Full-time, Direct Hire
Shift: Monday through Friday, 1st Shift
Location: St. Louis, MO
Responsibilities of the Production Manager:
- Supervises, coordinates and supports the Production team, managing priorities, addressing critical issues and promoting staff development
- Plans the production program efficiently (reducing the number of color and mold changes) indicating needed resources (materials, people, equipment) in coordination with the Logistics Manager and Technical Manager
- Executes and manages the production program, guaranteeing production line efficiency through ordinary maintenance (greasing, cleaning, etc.) and ensuring adherence to quality standards and protocols
- Schedules timing and priority of technical interventions (e.g. color/mold changes) and maintenance of machinery, equipment and utilities in coordination with the Technical Manager and according to the production program
- Monitors statistical production data (material yield variance, waste, machine cycle time, electrical consumption, productivity Kg/h, etc.) with the aim of continuous improvement and optimization
- Participates in the industrialization of new products or processes
- Participates in investigating and troubleshooting quality problems
- Ensures a positive and constructive work environment through effective communication and the quick resolution of issues
- Guarantees and verifies compliance to all workplace health, safety and environmental norms, applying related best practices; ensures work areas are kept clean, orderly and safe in coordination with the Quality Manager
Requirements of the Production Manager:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Production Manager in an FMCG or Automotive company
- Good knowledge of plastic molding technologies (EBM and/or SBM and/or IM)
- Excellent applied knowledge of WCM standards
- Good knowledge of the supply chain process
- Good knowledge of Health, Safety and Environment rules and practices
- Basic applied knowledge of an ERP system (preferably SAP)
- Must meet client background and drug screen requirements
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Submit your referrals at www.hirelevel.com/referral.