Industry: Production Supervisor
Job Number: 48313
Hirelevel is hiring for a Production Supervisor in Granite City, IL!
This position will be responsible for supervising between 15-30 union hourly employees. This position directs the workforce and is responsible for department safety, production, and quality goals. Duties also include, but not limited to coordinating necessary maintenance, time reporting, filling jobs, training, making temporary job assignments, and initiating discipline while following labor guidelines.
Position: Direct Hire
Location: Granite City, IL
Hours: 3: 00 p.M. 11: 00 p.M. Or 11: 00 p.M - 7: 00 a.M.
Similar Positions: Heavy Machine Operator, Journeyman, Industrial Maintenance, Pipefitter, Supervisor, Electrician
Salary: $50-$60k and Great benefit package, including employee stock options, bonus structures, and 401k
Responsibilities of the Production Supervisor:
- Schedule workforce and distribute work assignments to ensure available manpower to perform all necessary assignments needed to establish efficient operations
- Maintain sufficient supplies and materials for the workforce to maintain efficient operations and report any necessary maintenance required for the equipment
- Support safety programs and order safety equipment to ensure employees practice safety guidelines and are informed concerning safety hazards and prevention
- Maintain continual checks on equipment operations, safety hazards, and quality
- Monitor overtime and absenteeism to maintain cost control
- Maintain and increase knowledge of material quality and steel castings requirements in demand by customers, and ensure employees are also aware of this knowledge
- Support and spread the company s culture of Value of the Person (treating everyone with love, dignity, and respect).
- Look for innovations that drive down cost or increase efficiencies within the plant.
- Undertake special projects assigned by the Superintendent C&F and perform all other related duties
Requirements of the Production Supervisor:
- High school diploma
- Knowledge of safety and environmental requirements
- Familiarity with industry and some experience with labor relations
- Knowledge of computer applications
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Three to five years of supervisory experience
- Ability to direct and motivate people, complete multiple tasks in a timely manner, and work well with others.
- Knowledge and familiarity with foundry operations and AAR products, standards, and specification is a plus.
- Union experience preferred
- Ability to meet background and drug screen requirements