Industry: Production Worker
Job Number: 46006
HireLevel powered by Extra Help is seeking a Production Technician for our client located in Glendale, IL!
The candidate will perform a wide range of skills including: assembling, fit and mount sub-assemblies, components, and standard fixed assemblies in electrical control equipment.
Job Title: Production Technician
Job Category: Full-time
Shift Times: Monday-Friday 1st shift
Location: Glendale, IL
Pay Rate: $15.00 per hour
Similar Positions: Production Worker, General Labor, Warehouse, Logistics Clerk
Job Duties of the Production Technician:
- Perform assigned function from oral and/or written instructions, drawings, or other manufacturing information.
- Follow established procedures/work instructions for assigned function.
- Handle materials in accordance with established procedures.
- Perform routine maintenance on all plant equipment in area of assignment as required.
- Maintain quality standards by inspecting and testing finished products to ensure conformance with specifications and codes.
- Maintain expected progress of jobs in area of assignment and communicate problem areas or parts shortages.
- Handle all finished products for shipment; call carriers and load materials into carrier's vehicles.
- Observe good housekeeping and safety procedures and keep equipment, tools and work area clean and orderly by performing 5-S duties and continued dedication to raising the bar.
- Exhibit teamwork in all you do, maintaining a positive and team based attitude. Support peers in time of high demand by working hours assigned and overtime as required; also comply with scheduled start/stop times and break periods for the facility.
- Participate on local teams to improve site conditions, productivity, and performance.
- Lift 35 lbs. With reasonable accommodation as required.
- Work in a timely manner to ensure customer needs are fulfilled and deadlines are met. Work at a pace that meets expected productivity goals.
- Perform other functions as assigned.
Job Requirements of the Production Technician:
- High School education or GED equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Minimum one year of experience in electrical assembly or manufacturing setting or completion of a vocational program (minimum of 9 months).
- Basic computer skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to pass client's background and drug screen requirements.
- Experience in the electrical equipment manufacturing and installation is preferred.
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Pick up and return your completed referral coupon to your local branch.
We are an equal opportunity employer.