HireLevel is hiring a Production Technician in Houston, TX!
Our client is a large power management and global electrical technology firm.
Job Type: Full-Time; Contract
Shift: 1st Shift
Location: Houston, TX
Similar Positions: Production Worker, Assembly, Warehouse Associate
Responsibilities of Production Technician:
The Production Technician is responsible for a wide range of skills including: assemble, fit and mount sub-assemblies, components, and standard fixed assemblies in electrical control equipment. This role will support the shipping and receiving department.
- Perform all assignments within acceptable quantity and perfect quality requirements in keeping within assigned functions.
- Perform assigned function from oral and/or written instructions, drawings, or other manufacturing information.
- Handle materials in accordance with established procedures.
- Perform routine maintenance on all plant equipment in area of assignment as required.·
- Maintain quality standards by inspecting and testing finished products to ensure conformance with specifications and codes.
- Maintain expected progress of jobs in area of assignment and communicate problem areas or parts shortages.
- Handle all finished products for shipment; call carriers and load materials into carrier's vehicles.
- You will observe good housekeeping and safety procedures and keep equipment, tools and work area clean and orderly by performing 5-S duties and continued dedication to raising the bar.
Requirements of Production Technician:
- 1 to 3 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum one year of experience in a manufacturing, distribution, or production environment
- Able able to lift up to 35 lbs. frequently
- Pass client's background check requirements and a drug screen
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Forklift driver certification
- Experience with supply chain systems (AS400, MAPICS)
- Experience in electrical equipment manufacturing and assembly (panelboards / switchboards preferred)
- Experience in electrical equipment maintenance / installation
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Submit your referrals at www.hirelevel.com/referral
.We are an equal opportunity employer.