HireLevel is looking for a Commodity Manager with our client in Milwaukee, WI.
This company is a multinational corporation that produces automotive parts such as batteries, and electronics and HVAC equipment for buildings.
Job Category: Full-Time, Contract
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Compensation: Based on Experience
Responsibilities of Commodity Manager:
- Develop 3-5-year global IT Software and Services Procurement strategies, including key suppliers, market influencers on cost, technology opportunities, risks and strategic direction, etc.
- Lead centralized global and regional IT procurement activity for all software and services needs. Coach and support regional Indirect Procurement teams with acquisition of regional IT software and services
- Partner with leadership in the company and other key stakeholders, such as IT Operations, to develop and execute strategic and tactical plans to drive maximum value for technology-driven suppliers in diverse areas such as on premise licensed software, Cloud (SaaS) computing, data center operations, IT implementation services, maintenance, etc.
- Lead strategic sourcing activities, including but not limited to: developing appropriate negotiation strategies, strengthening supplier relationship, spend analysis (benchmarking, supply market analysis, supplier analysis, RFI/RFP building, baseline analysis, contracting, outsourcing & offshoring, product lifecycle management, building business cases)
- Provide thought leadership and guidance to the company in the area of Strategic sourcing, executive engagement, and procurement operations, including areas such as Artificial Intelligence and Robotics Processing Automation
- Maintain awareness of key market trends and pricing as well as the availability of new products. Recommends and/or counsels others on these changes and innovations. Advise key stakeholder partners on current and future price, availability and delivery schedules
- Conduct market research and provide key subject matter expertise on IT software and services operations
- Manage direct and/or indirect reports including acting as a mentor to junior team members
- Lead quarterly and annual business reviews with key suppliers and internal stakeholders to address issues, costs, delivery, performance, etc.
Requirements of Commodity Manager:
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Supply Chain Management, IT, Business, Finance, or Mfg Operations; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in strategically sourcing and providing category management services for Information Technology spend categories (On premise software, Cloud (SaaS) computing, data center operations, etc.); significant experience in negotiating master agreements, Statements of Work (SOW) and addendums with major OEM and VAR providers
- Extensive strategic experience in holistically approaching categories and sourcing events (balancing cost, risk and performance)
- Strong project management skills: ability to manage large complex projects involving multiple business/ organization unit disciplines; utilizes project plans and methodology, has proven track record of implementation of projects
- Significant experience in drafting and negotiating complex contracts valued in excess of $3M for assigned categories of spend. Clear understanding of contractual terms and conditions
- Experience in driving business operational reviews to improve efficiency and drive cost reduction; lead development and execution of the re-engineering of business operations
- CPM, CPSM or equivalent highly preferred
- SAP preferred
- Prior supervisory or management experience preferred
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Submit your referrals at www.hirelevel.com/referral.
We are an equal opportunity employer.