Highland, IL 62249 US
HireLevel is hiring a Principal Research and Development Engineer for an electric company in Highland, IL! This employee will focus on directing and developing projects centered around engineering research. Advanced knowledge of electric power systems is a requirement to be successful. If you enjoy attending conferences, making presentations, and talking directly to customers about product and development, this role is for you!
Headquartered in Highland, IL, our client is a family-owned business and a leading manufacturer of products supporting the global power industry since 1942. Their core purpose is to enhance people’s lives by developing highly reliable solutions that add quality to their lives. This is achieved through innovation and performance or our core values: Integrity, Reliability, Conduct, and Sustainability.
Company Benefits & Perks:
• Optional Hybrid Model
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Life and Disability Insurance
• 401(k) Retirement with Company Contributions
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Time Off
• Private, Family-Owned
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develops new concepts and proposals for advanced electrical power systems protection and control.
• Assist customers and other engineers in performing simulations and power systems studies.
• Develop detailed Engineering specifications and proposals, including protection and control algorithms.
• Design protection and control systems, including writing code for embedded applications.
• Develop protection and control models, algorithms, and/or proposals as required to support the project estimating, and quoting phases for products used in power systems.
• Assist in establishing design criteria to meet customer requirements for new products.
• Direct and/or test design concepts via simulation or with a prototype and having design reviews as necessary.
• Write theory of operation.
• Represents Power Systems engineering to various divisions within the company as well as externally to customers, government agencies and professional organizations.
• Must be capable of supervising and coordinating other engineers within the company.
• Other duties as assigned.
• BSEE degree or equivalent.
• 10 years’ experience in electrical power systems protection and control design and/or analysis.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Proficient computer skills.
• Proficient with the simulation tools used in the industry.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Travel as necessary to develop or support business opportunities, new product solutions, technology, existing products, and application expertise.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, or any other protected classification protected by local, state, or federal laws.