HireLevel is looking for a Quality Assurance Technician in Greenwood, IN!
Our client has been developing and providing custom value-added fruit and flavor ingredients through different food service industries. They believe in differentiating themselves by unparalleled service at all levels within the company.
Job Title: Quality Assurance Technician
Job Category: Temp to Hire
Contract Location: Greenwood, IN
Shift: Monday-Friday 2:00pm-10:30pm
Similar Positions: Quality Assurance, Quality Technician, Quality Control Inspector
Compensation: $20.00 per hour
Responsibilities for Quality Assurance Technician:
- This position will perform all general QA technician required tasks for the second shift & supporting the production department as needed. Open and able to learn any new QC testing methods as necessary. Able to perform all routine QC testing for all finished products and logging all QC data instantly in DEACOM.
- This position requires the knowledge to preform sensory evaluation for all flavors that are produced in production & confirm with QA staff when any flavors off the specification.
- This position is responsible for collecting all micro samples & requested samples for QA lab, scanning all organic batch tickets in specific files, inventory lab supplies as needed, filling up lab supplies, pulling control samples for the next day for the sensory evaluation, and managing retained samples from fridge to cooler.
- Other duties will be assisting or completing tasks for other lab technicians as needed.
- This position is responsible for sending pre-shipped samples to customers who request these samples. It will be important to maintain a good practice of lab cleaning habit.
Work Experience Required for Quality Assurance Technician:
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in a QC lab.
- Experience in quality assurance in the food manufacturing industry is required.
- Experience in sensory skills, micro plating, calibration equipment understanding and understanding of brix, pH, water-activity meter.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Must have good interdepartmental communication skills.
- Capability of working well within a team environment, as well as, independently. Must be able to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Familiar with all food manufacturing GMPs and food safety.
- Preferred experience dealing with customer audits and SQF practices.
- Employee PPE: Steel toe slip-resistant shoes and a smock (Client provides the smock)
- Able to stand or walk for 8 hours, bending/flex/extending, twist, turn, frequently grip, reach, lift, or pull with both hands.
- Lift 50 lbs.
- Education: Two years of college or experience equivalent to.
- Must pass background and drug test.
Earn $50 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $50 gift card to say thank you! Submit your referrals at www.hirelevel.com/referral
We are an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, or any other protected classification protected by local, state, or federal laws.