HireLevel is hiring for a Quality Specialist position in Indianapolis, IN!
Job Title: Quality Specialist
Job Category: Long-term; temp-to-hire
Contract Location: Indianapolis, IN
Compensation: $18.75 - $20
The Quality Specialist is primarily responsible for cleaning, masking, coating and demasking parts for engineering runs, as well as assisting in creating production processes and Manufacturing Standard Procedures (MSP’s). This person will also assist in performing root cause failure analysis, clarifying process questions with employees, assisting with cost reduction measures, performing engineering run duties, developing new production processes, and training..
Responsibilities for Quality Specialist :
- Initiates DCR & NCMR’s as necessary.
- Approves Certificates of Compliance.
- Answers production employee questions related to customer processes and product.
- Verifies the coating thickness on lot travelers.
- Verifies Parylene lot travelers are complete and accurate.
- Cleans, promotes, masks and demasks parts for engineering runs.
- Develops new masking and demasking methods.
- Utilizes SCS analytical equipment including but not limited to: profilometer, micrometer, UV-Vis Spectrophotometer, DMM, vacuum controllers and meters, temperature controllers and meters, vacuum leak detector, measure scopes.
- Trains production employees to new and current processes and practices, and can develop positive relationships.
- Handles customer inquiries.
- Answers employee questions on production parts.
- Assists Engineers with root cause failure analysis.
Additional Functions and Responsibilities :
- Assists with cost savings programs.
- Assists production in meeting deadlines if additional help is needed.
- Assists other engineers with special projects requiring masking and demasking knowledge.
- Assists other engineers with special projects.
- Adheres to plant and corporate safety policies.
- May assist in other areas or perform other duties as required by fluctuating business needs.
Education, Certificates, Licenses, Registrations and/or Experience:
High School diploma is required with 2+ year's of related work experience, or One year certificate from college or technical school with no work experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Any requirement identified in this description must be possessed, or achieved after training and reasonable learning time has been provided.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions,and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to use precision measuring and laboratory instruments, such as calipers, scales, micrometers, profilometer or similar test/inspection equipment.
- Ability to interact closely with other departments to support customer focus and efficient operations.
- Demonstrated capacity to work with Microsoft Office Products, Lotus Notes, and other critical computer applications.
- Possesses well-developed communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read, write and follow written or verbal instructions.
- Ability to speak, read and write English.
- Is well-organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to interact professionally with customers
Earn $50 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $50 gift card to say thank you! Submit your referrals at www.hirelevel.com/referral
We are an equal opportunity employer.