Industry: Legal Secretary
Job Number: 47671
A large, full service, multi-state law firm with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, St. Louis, Southern Illinois, and Washington D.C. Is currently seeking a Real Estate Paralegal. The ideal candidate will have heavy international patent experience with some trademark experience. This candidate will be detail-oriented, possess strong organizational skills and be a team player. The person selected for this position must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
Position: Direct Hire
Location: Chicago, IL
Pay: Based on Experience
Similar Positions: Legal Secretary, Law Clerk, Paralegal
Responsibilities of the Real Estate Paralegal:
- Orders and reviews a title commitment policy, or date down endorsement; responds to title company inquiries on structure of transaction.
- Oversees title company activities.
- Reviews and summarizes Schedule B title, prepares list of title objections and works with Title Company to resolve objections.
- Orders and reviews survey, prepares list of survey objections, and works with surveyor to resolve objections.
- Reviews legal description for the property.
- Prepares drafts of deeds, deeds of release and other basic real estate documents for recordation.
- Maintains liaison with county and municipal entities to obtain zoning letters and permits and reviews ordinances for requirements.
- Arranges for discharge/satisfaction of deed trust/mortgage and obtains payoff figures.
- Obtains flood certificates for the property.
- Obtains reliance letter for Phase I and Phase II environmental reports.
- Maintains liaison with client to obtain pertinent facts and documents.
- Researches current recordation and filing requirements for various local and state government entities.
- Processes related to Due Dilligence Responsibilities, Purchase Money Loan Closing and Post-Closing, Foreclosures, Construction, Zoning, and Licensing
Requirements of the Real Estate Paralegal:
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards! If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Pick up and return your completed referral coupon to your local branch.
- Must possess a high level of professionalism and interpersonal skills so as to be able to work well with employees at all levels within the organization and maintain all information in the strictest of confidence. Required to use tact and diplomacy when dealing with others.
- Must have ability to read, write, and communicate fluent English; ability to compose documents in the appropriate business style using correct grammar and spelling; ability to communicate clearly using proper grammar and diction over the telephone.
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent organizational skills; ability to balance multiple projects, work independently and have strong time management skills, as well as prioritize work load.
- Must have ability to reason and apply common sense understanding to situations encountered.
- Ability to process routine daily functions while being able to resolve sensitive issues and complex assignments utilizing above average critical thinking skills.
- Ability to be both mobile and stationary throughout the work day, having the ability to transport 20 pounds and being able to operate a computer and other business equipment found in the office.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to travel on occasion as required.