HireLevel is seeking a Records Specialist for a law firm located in St. Louis, MO. This person will assist a team in the retention of electronic and hard copy records, closing of files and compliance with file destruction policies. If you are creative while strategic, are detail-oriented, and can be flexible and have fun at work then this position is for you!
Our client is ranked one of St. Louis’ Best Places to Work several years in a row! They believe that each member of the firm is a valuable member of the team where excellence, mutual respect, personal responsibility, and community service are the values they support each day. Shareholders, associates, paralegals, and staff work in an open, collegial environment that makes it easy to collaborate on projects, problem-solve, and work as a team in servicing clients.
- Pay: $40,000-$43,000
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance
- Paid time off/vacation plus Holidays
- Paid Parking or Transportation Allowance
- Team Building Committees
- Flexible health spending account
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- And much more!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all indexing and maintaining inventories.
- Responsible for closing physical and digital files.
- Responsible for the file destruction process in alignment with the firm’s retention policies.
- Assists with the off-site storage process and coordinates access to closed files.
- Verifies costs for closed file retrieval and any charge backs to clients.
- Handles all filing in the Records Department.
- Responsible for the coverage of the switchboard on daily basis and as needed.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft and database software systems.
- Strong problem-solving skills and resourceful.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate with a diverse group of attorneys and staff in person, by email and telephone to provide information.
- Keyboarding skills with an ability to input data with a minimum of 50 wpm.
- Work occasionally requires more than 37.5 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position.
- One plus year working in records in a service industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, or any other protected classification protected by local, state, or federal laws.