HireLevel is looking for Sanitation Worker in Elk Grove Village, IL!
Our client is a food manufacturing company that is seeking experienced production line workers to join their team.
Job Category: Contract
Location: Elk Grove Village, IL
Shift: 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift available Monday - Friday (5 am-1:30 pm/1 pm – 9:30)
Similar Positions: Assembly Line, Production, Warehouse, Production Line, Packaging, General Laborer
Responsibilities for Sanitation Worker:
- Human safety, food safety, adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices, and product quality are the highest priorities. Other duties may be assigned.
- Replenish supplies, clean Restrooms, mop floors, empty trash and replace liners, and all other duties entailing housekeeping.
- Chemical Inventory reported to Ecolab. If necessary, order email or review with manager.
- Assist with wash down inspections.
- Know and use appropriate cleaning chemicals. Use chemical dispensing station. Knows how to perform titrations and calculate measure concentration.
- Ability to safely handle full strength chemicals using full PPE.
- Removing debris from the warehouse and walkways of the facility throughout the shift. Reusable scrap is separated and loaded onto trailers. Bales cardboard and plastic for recycling.
- Cleans floors using mop and bucket as well as a walk behind or riding floor scrubber.
- Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, and locker rooms and other work areas.
- Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies.
- Dusts furniture and equipment. Polishes metalwork.
- Washes walls, ceiling, and woodwork. Washes windows, door panels, and sills.
- Replenishes bathroom supplies. Replaces light bulbs.
- Performs grounds maintenance in all seasons, this will include removing snow, trash or spillage from plant grounds.
- Performs all other related duties as required.
Requirements of Sanitation Worker:
- Six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Appropriate English language ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, SOPs, and other related documents. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and ability to draw and interpret
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be comfortable working in a cold environment. Temperatures could range between 36 and 38 degrees.
- Ability to repetitively lift up to 50 pounds throughout the entire shift.
- Previous experience in a warehouse environment is preferred.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must meet requirements of background and drug screening policies.
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Submit your referrals at www.hirelevel.com/referral.