Job Number: 49371
HireLevel is looking for multiple Scientist- Product Development in Glenview, IL!
Our client is a food manufacturing company that is seeking an experienced R&D associate to work hands on to develop prototypes and engage in scaling up processes for production.
Job Category: Short-term Contract
Location: Glenview, IL
Shift: All Shifts
Compensation: $50+ an hour
Responsibilities for Scientist- Product Development:
- Responsible for understanding and application of relevant US food labeling regulations, policies, guidelines (e.G. FDA, USDA, Nutrition Label Reform, Organic Certification, Kosher Certification, etc.) to support business and compliance goals
- Create ingredient listing and nutritional facts panel for unfinished products in accordance with regulations
- Review and approve nutritional regulatory components of packaging artwork, label copy, advertising, promotional and educational materials, to ensure accuracy and compliance claims, ingredient and nutritional statements, to government and company policy
- Assist with regulatory compliance of all USDA regulated company products throught the government label approval process
- Coordindate Nutrition Label Reform implementation with other category activities: leverage current company resources and project contracts
Requirements for Scientist- Product Development
- Completed Bachelors Degree in Nutrition, Food Science or related field
- Strong technical background in nutrition/food science, with minmum of 3 years' experience in a consumer/food products company
- In-depth knowledge of US food labeling regulations including the updated Nutrition Label Reform Regulations
- Able to rapidly develop an in-depth knowledge of company products and business operations
- Requires team and individual leadership skills in complex nutrition and regulatory matters
- Excellent computer and communication skills
- Must meet company background requirements
We are an equal opportunity employer.