Job Number: 48854
HireLevel is looking for multiple Scientists of Regulatory Affairs in Glenview, IL!
Our client is a food manufacturing company that is seeking an experienced Scientist.
Job Category: Long-term Contract
Location: Glenview, IL
Shift: All Shifts
Compensation: $44.74 an hour
Responsibilities for Scientist of Regulatory Affairs:
- Responsible for understanding and application of relevant US food labeling regulations, policies, guidelines (e.G. FDA, USDA, Nutrition Label Reform, Organic Certification, Kosher Certification, etc.) to support business and compliance goals
- Create ingredient listing and nutritional facts panel for unfinished products in accordance with regulations
- Review and approve nutritional regulatory components of packaging artwork, label copy, advertising, promotional and educational materials, to ensure accuracy and compliance claims, ingredient and nutritional statements, to government and company policy
- Assist with regulatory compliance of all USDA regulated company products throught the government label approval process
- Coordinate Nutrition Label Reform implementation with other category activities: leverage current company resources and project contracts
Requirements for Scientist of Regulatory Affairs:
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards! If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Pick up and return your completed referral coupon to your local branch.
- Completed Bachelors Degree in Nutrition, Food Science or related field
- Strong technical background in nutrition/food science, with minimum of 3 years' experience in a consumer/food products company
- In-depth knowledge of US food labeling regulations including the updated Nutrition Label Reform Regulations
- Able to rapidly develop an in-depth knowledge of company products and business operations
- Requires team and individual leadership skills in complex nutrition and regulatory matters
- Excellent computer and communication skills
- Must meet company background requirements
We are an equal opportunity employer.