HireLevel is seeking a Senior Controls Engineer in Hannibal, MO. The Senior Controls Engineer is responsible for providing technical leadership for the site in support of electrical and controls. This role serves to improve the safety and reliability of the site through tactical support, project execution, and cultural transformation. If this excites you and you are interested in being a part of an amazing team, then you should apply!
The Hannibal Plant is one of our clients’ largest manufacturing locations in North America, supporting the North American Retail Segment. Their ever-changing dynamic team environment provides exciting and differentiating experiences. Our client focuses on being a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. They look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together.
- Pay: Commensurate with experience, education, and industry
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance (100% employer paid)
- Short and Long term disability (100% employer paid)
- 401K with employer matching
- Vacation, Sick, and Holiday pay
- Opportunities to volunteer
- So much more!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and provide expertise for human and food safety systems as they apply to control & electrical systems
- Support plant electrical safety program and subject matter expert on electrical safety
- Drive productivity through a strategic use of technology from feasibility to completion
- Provide tactical and strategic operations support to reduce/eliminate issues associated with equipment, performance, quality, and safety
- Manage electrical and controls architecture, including conformance to General Mills standards
- Support and/or lead electrical and controls capital projects
- Manage relationships with collaborators: plant cross-functional teams, contractors, integrators, corporate engineering resources
- Interface with corporate personnel, engineers, vendors and operating technicians to effectively develop and implement system design improvements.
- Provide technical expertise in development of improvement plans in conjunction with Operation Line Teams
- Identify, develop, lead & execute equipment and system improvements that deliver financial and performance benefits. (overuse reduction, reliability improvements)
- Develop electrical and controls facility master plan, support development of the capital plan and manage obsolescence in each area of the plant.
- Engineering degree required
- 5+ years related work experience in technical roles within a manufacturing environment
- Willing to provide support off shift and/or on weekends as needed. The Hannibal site is a 24 hour plant operation
- Demonstrates technical leadership, adaptability, analytical and problem solving skills, decision making, and trouble-shooting abilities
- Demonstrates ability to work with and influence diverse groups at various levels and across functions.
- Ability to interpret and apply the NEC, NFPA 70E, GMI Corporate and other standards to the plant equipment and projects.
- Strong project and project management skills, including estimating, scheduling, quote request generation, bid analyses, cost tracking and compliance, project issue resolution, installation and start-up support, and training
- Ability to troubleshoot PLC’s at the code level and troubleshoot equipment and wiring
We are an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, or any other protected classification protected by local, state, or federal laws.