HireLevel is seeking a Senior Process and Packaging Engineer in Hannibal, MO. The Senior Process and Packaging Engineer will provide technical leadership as an equipment, system and product specialist. You will also be responsible for identifying, leading, developing and executing solutions for performance improvements through strong and strategic partnership as well as continuous improvement efforts. If this excites you and you are interested in being a part of an amazing team, then you should apply!
The Hannibal Plant is one of our clients’ largest manufacturing locations in North America, supporting the North American Retail Segment. Their ever-changing dynamic team environment provides exciting and differentiating experiences. Our client focuses on being a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. They look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together.
- Pay: Commensurate with experience, education, and industry
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance (100% employer paid)
- Short and Long term disability (100% employer paid)
- 401K with employer matching
- Vacation, Sick, and Holiday pay
- Opportunities to volunteer
- So much more!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical and business expertise on manufacturing systems/technologies/products and materials
- Demonstrate expertise in machine, materials, methods, environment, and people interactions to provide robust operating systems
- Drive loss elimination while improving system and equipment reliability through demonstrated use of continuous improvement processes, problem solving, statistical analysis and support of productivity initiatives
- Provide technical support in capital projects and new product and packaging material testing and start-ups
- Leverage data and information systems to identify and drive decision making (performance metrics, financial information, data historian, maintenance management system)
- Develop strategic technical improvement plans for systems
- Maintain material balances and unit operation capability information to ensure optimal production rates, parameters, and formulas
- Serve as a technical liaison for the site including production and maintenance employees, plant technical and leadership team, other manufacturing sites, corporate engineering and R&D organizations and external partners
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or related degree with applicable experience or extensive relevant work experience
- Minimum 5 years related work experience in process and/or packaging engineering, process/ system development, product development, quality engineering, or manufacturing.
- Recognized technical abilities and practical experience with strong capabilities in the following areas:
- Theory/functionality of manufacturing systems and unit operations
- Continuous improvement techniques (Lean, TPM, Kaizen)
- Food science/chemistry or packaging science
- Statistics and analytical methods
- Process measurement and control
- Mechanical aptitude
- General Engineering principles
We are an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, or any other protected classification protected by local, state, or federal laws.