Industry: Warehouse General
Job Number: 46670
HireLevel is looking for a Spot Welder in Indianapolis, IN!
The ideal candidate will be ambitious, hardworking and work well both independently and in a team environment.
Job Category: Full Time/ Temp to Hire
Location: Westfield, IN
Shift: Monday-Friday 1st shift: 7am-3: 30pm
Pay: $12.00 an hour
Additional Responsibilities of the Spot Welder:
- Works to supply products and services that meet or exceed the customers expectations. Follows the documented quality systems and processes that are continually being improved to satisfy our customers needs.
- Read specifications to determine the locations, quantities, or sizes of materials required.
- Reads work order or follows verbal instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand
- Loads materials onto trailers and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit, using hand tools.
- Transport materials to or from storage or worksites to designated area, using a hand truck, electric dolly, overhead crane, forklift, or other device.
- Secures lifting attachments to materials and transports load destination, using hand-operated crane or hoist, or signals crane or hoisting operators to move load to destination.
- Transport finished fabricated product back to warehouse to be shipped to customer.
- Communicate with several departments in regards to moving material between buildings based on order priority, delivery of materials, and status of orders and materials.
- Stacks or assembles materials into bundles and bands bundles together, using a banding machine and clincher.
- Record number of units handled and moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets.
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales, or other containers.
- Set up and operate fabricating machines, such as brakes, rolls, shears, flame cutters, grinders, and drill presses, to bend, cut, form, punch, drill, or otherwise form and assemble metal components.
- Cut, bend, or weld steel pieces, using metal shears, torches, or welding equipment.
- Coordinate with co-workers and work in teams to gain efficiency and productivity.
- Notify maintenance department of any machine issues to get items repaired.
- May assist Production Manager or other Supervisors in other duties or special projects as needed
Job Requirements of the Spot Welder:
- Performing General Physical Activities: Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material: Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings: Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
- Mechanical: Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Prior experience with forklifts and overhead cranes. (ppreference)
- This position requires the individual to have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 0-2 years of related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Pick up and return your completed referral coupon to your local branch.