HireLevel is hiring a Staff Accountant in Clearwater, FL for an equipment leasing company that provides companies with IT, medical Technology, and telecommunications equipment. The Staff Accountant will help run financial reporting and ensure that funds are performing accurately. The ideal candidate would have experience with corporate accounting, lease accounting, and auditing.
Position: Direct Hire with full benefit package
Compensation: Based on Experience
Location: Clearwater, FL
Hours: 8:30 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.; Monday-Friday
Similar Positions: Accountant, Senior Accountant, Staff Accountant, General Accountant, Accounting Officer
Responsibilities of the Staff Accountant:
- Prepare monthly financial statements and variance analysis for Income Funds
- Review the account schedules that support the monthly close packages
- Investigate and resolve unusual items and discrepancies in general ledger and sub-ledger accounts
- Assist the Accounting Supervisor in the preparation of the10-K, 10-Q and Annual Reports
- Serve as the Project Manager during audits and ensure the timely response to auditor requests
- Provide our external tax accountants with data for preparing K-1s as well as state and federal tax returns
- Ensure that our funds comply with all property tax filing requirements
- Coordinate with the Lease Relations group to answer questions about property tax bills/issues
- Develop, lead and/or manage projects designed to automate our accounting systems
- Sales Tax return preparation
- Ad hoc projects and assignments as needed
Requirements of the Staff Accountant:
- B.S. Degree in Accounting
- 2-3 years’ experience in corporate accounting, audit, and/or consulting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills Advanced knowledge of accounting systems, financial reporting, and General Accepted Accounting Principals
- Knowledge of SEC filing procedures and forms
- Knowledge of the Great Plains software package, or experience with a comparable accounting software package
- Ability to lead others, multi-task, be flexible, and set priorities to meet strict deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications, particularly Excel and Word
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains is a plus
- Must meet client background requirements
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Submit your referrals at www.hirelevel.com/referral.
HireLevel is an equal opportunity employer.