Industry: Manufacturing Supervisor
Job Number: 48720
HireLevel is hiring a Supply Chain Manager in St. Louis, MO!
This position will be responsible for strategically planning and managing logistics, warehousing, transportation, inventory and customer service. Manage the entire order cycle so as to enhance business development and ensure sustainability and customer satisfaction.
Job Category: Direct Hire, Full Time
Location: St. Louis, MO
Shift Times: 1st shift, Monday- Friday
Similar Positions: Inventory, Production Supervisor, Shipping and Receiving, Warehouse Manager, Plant manager
Compensation of the Supply Chain Manager:
- Starting at $60k-$70k DOE
Additional Responsibilities of the Supply Chain Manager:
- Responsible for monthly inventory reporting across all materials for warehouse sites as assigned
- Resolve any inventory issues and advise management when appropriate
- Ensure that KPI metrics are maintained and reported monthly
- Work across various teams to coordinate and complete site audits
- Issue purchase orders for all foreign vendors and internal raw materials, packaging materials, colors, supplies, and services purchased; get the purchase order authorized and/or released
- Ensure on time delivery of all materials purchased from foreign vendors and internal vendors
- Manage import logistics & custom clearance for all import products; register all material, as needed, with all appropriate authorities within Brazil to ensure importation and sales in Brazil.
- Enter item receipt in accounting system for all incoming products
- Responsibility for FDA certification process
- MRP planning; monitor and regulate all inventory to ensure material on hand does not exceed requirements and/or all inventory is sufficient for projected customer needs
- Manage and monitor returns of rejected products
- Monitor inventory of certified colors and order products from India
- Monitor inventory of raw material and other colors and order as and when needed
- Manage FDA certification process, including sampling and labeling
- Manage and maintain documents required from each vendor
- Maintain accurate inventory counts and records.
- Hold responsibility for all movement of stock
- Gather and provide sales information reporting, commissions reporting, and customer reporting as required
- Gather and provide market information on major raw material purchased by the company to the CEO
- Utilize historical sales data, considering seasonality and trends to develop and maintain forecasts for all finished goods items.
- Develop finished goods inventory plans for each manufacturing facility.
- Develop and manage production plans for each manufacturing facility to support the forecast and finished goods inventory plan.
- Provide oversight and direction to buyers supporting each manufacturing facility.
- Provide oversight and direction to schedulers supporting each manufacturing facility.
- Participate in all scheduled operations performance reviews and prepare KPIs to measure performance.
- Work closely with marketing and sales to ensure the demand consensus process delivers an agreed upon, workable volume forecast and ensure gaps and overlaps are addressed, and issues are appropriately escalated to support business objectives.
- Coordinate with procurement to resolve quality issues with suppliers.
- Maintain material shortage identification and identify root causes & corrective actions.
- Ensure resolution of invoicing discrepancies with suppliers and accounting.
- Oversee the inbound logistics function and coordinate deliveries with vendors.
Additional Requirements of the Supply Chain Manager:
- BS in supply chain management, finance, agriculture, business, or related area
- Minimum of 3 years experience in supply chain, operations, or logistics
- Experience with program/system planning, statistical reporting/analysis and cost/benefit analysis required
- Proficiency with SAP and the ability to learn various inventory management systems
- Ability to influence, manage conflict, and build cross-functional relationships with key stakeholders and inventory locations
- Must have experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Work requires excellent written, verbal and group presentation communication skills.
- Work requires the ability to type accurately and efficiently from rough draft and machine transcriptions or personal dictation, involving standard business vocabulary or limited range of specialized, recurrent terminology, using common word processing programs
- Work requires the ability to organize materials, set priorities and provide feedback and follow-up
- Work requires the ability necessary to analyze moderately complex administrative reports.